I will be going on a cruise and I really love my hair. My hair is going to get wet, what should I do?
Remy hair extensions are popular and come with a wide range of quality levels. What is important
that is that you should know what your hair extensions can or cannot handle as far as the use of
styling is concerned.
As hair extensions do not receive natural oils from your scalp like natural hair. This requires some care while washing your hair. As a rule of thumb, the hair should be washed and conditioned after every 3-4 days.
1. Brush hair well before washing to remove any kinds of knots and/or tangles. You can start at the bottom and gently work your way up to the top being cautious not to pull on the hair.
2. Wet your hair as ususal.
3. Apply the conditioner to the hair extensions prior to washing to help maintain the moisture levels. Do not rinse.
4. Apply the shampoo (on top of conditioned hair extensions) and rinse gently.
5. Apply the moisturizing conditioner and rinse
6. Wrap the hair in a towel and allow the towel to absorb moisture. Never rub the towel through hair to dry.
7. Comb your hair carefully to work through any knots and tangles
8. It is best to allow the hair to air dry. Never sleep with wet hair as this causes tangles.
Cleaning Hair Extensions after Swimming
The chlorine found in the swimming pools and the salt found in the ocean can damage hair
extensions. In general, the more processed the hair extensions, the less they can handle being in
water. If you have good quality hair extensions, they should be fine with proper care.
Follow the below steps:
1. The most important thing to remember when swimming with hair extensions is to clean the hair immediately afterwards to avoid damage from chemicals
2. After swimming, make it sure to clean your hair extensions immediately afterwards to avoid damage from chemicals, such as chlorine and salt.
3. Rinse hair thoroughly to remove all chemicals. You can follow instructions above.
4. It is important to air-dry the hair completely.
5. If hair becomes dry, follow these steps:
1. Use high moisture conditioner to hair
2. Wrap it in a moist, warm towel.
3. You can let the conditioner settle on the hair for 10-30 minutes.
4. Rinse as routine
- If you are not sure about the hair extensions, consult your beautician or avoid swimming.
- Hair extensions cannot tolerate the chemicals and salt in the water. Instead, simply wrap the hair up and allow them to get wet.